Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Miss Her

So...I was LPing for Womyn's Studies...(doing a unit on Voice and what being a Woman of Color means...) and I stumbled upon a woman who I grew up listening to...and looking up to....

I remember chillin' with my "homegirls" back in middle school and playing "Next Lifetime" over and over in one of the homegirl's bedroom....we would sing it with our eyes closed, head tilting side to side--- acting as if we were really feelin' Badu's soul. lol.

classic.




I always wondered how she had two cool brothas in her life, Dre and Common... and they let her go...or she let them go...or it was mutual.. or she's just cray-cray like that... that's always a mystery.


Next question for you all:

Which do you think was a better album:

A) Baduizm
B) Mama's Gun



I'd have to say that I slightly like Mama's Gun better... Although I love Baduizm... But for some reason, I can really play every single track through on Mama's Gun.... and really say, "ugggh... yeeeahh.." (as every track drops) haha.

off topic: Obama just knows how to break down complex issues in a way that everyone can understand and connect to.

No comments: