Monday, December 29, 2008

20/20 Vision

Wish I was able to take a picture of the city today and post it on my blog to share with you all what I saw differently today.

For some extraordinary reason, my vision today was crystal clear. As I was driving down the 10 to downtown LA today, everything around me looked so crisp and the world looked so much cleaner and brighter. I looked towards the northwest and for the first time ever I was able to read the "Hollywood" sign from afar. It was as if the pollution parted ways and the trees gave way to the clear skies. I took the entire view in, since I knew it wouldn't last.

As I neared downtown off the 10fwy around 4-5pmish, I looked at the downtown buildings. Damn. It was a dope sight. The pinkish skyline reflected off the windows of the buildings and it looked like I was staring at mixed media of anime and reality.

Everything looked so clear and every edge of the buildings and trees around me were well-defined. It's crazy because it wasn't my own eyes that made things look crystal clear for me. It was everything in my eyesight that cleared up for me.

I guess it was just one of those special days when you walk out of your home and you see the world differently for just a moment.

Sometimes we just need to take a step back from our hectic lives and breathe in our surroundings....or at least be more aware and mindful of our surroundings. Maybe our days would be much better if we practiced this daily.

Heck, who would have known that the route I drive everyday of the week would look differently to me today.

No comments: