Thursday, November 20, 2008

Schwarzenegger and Obama??

For REAL?! hmm.... what's going on... is this just preliminary talks or what?...California is in a fucked up state. Our budget deficit is atrocious and it's definitely affecting everyday people. I'm especially upset with the recent news regarding the Cal-State system and the UC-system. This is definitely hard times and I worry about my seniors applying for college. As their teacher, I see how stressed out they are applying to college. They already do not have faith in themselves that they will get in. Now this big hit on education is a blow to them. Fack that! I even attended a UTLA meeting and learned that teacher's health benefits and salaries are threatened. So how the fuck are we supposed to pay for an increase in our co-pay while get a slash on our salary? Doesn't make sense...Thanks Arnold. Thanks. So is this "working with Obama" talks really true? OR does it just mean that he is willing to work with him? eh. Semantics. Guess we'll find out soon. In addition, I don't know about President-elect Obama's offer to Senator Clinton as Secretary of State.

No comments: