Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Top Ten Reasons why Japan had an impact on me..




First, I want to introduce my pal, Neck. We
shared this experience together. What a fun
travel partner. (Arrival day).
We went to Aizu, Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka.


Second, I want to introduce the main reason why I visited Japan sooner than I thought:
Meet Amber. She was on the JET program. She taught in
Aizuwakamatsu (which is North of Tokyo).




Top Ten Reasons why Japan had an impact on me:

1. The undying Genuine politeness, friendliness,
courteousness, and generousness the Japanese
shared with us---everybody.





2. The youthful and strong elderly

Climbing to the Kiyomizudera Temple.


3. The cute, spirited, and fearless children.




4. Their sense of "Communal Solitude"--respecting and sharing space, while enjoying the silence (usually in trains, buses, etc.)





5. A hearty and healthy meal. (oops. Imagine this pic. flipped rightside up). haha.

And the ceremony of drinking TEA!


6. Dedication to preserving historical monuments.
(Rokuon-Ji Temple/Golden Temple)

In Kyoto..



7. Their conscious effort in being eco-friendly.


In every possible way.....



8. Honoring NATURE.


(found in Fushimi Inari)



On the walk back down from Kiyu Temple..



9. Their sense of creativity and bold expression thr
ough various forms of art.....

Hip-Hop emcees at Yoyogi Park
(I'll upload their performance soon...)



Japanese Greaser?

Random street art..

A painter who air scratches and dances?! check out his equipment!
(I'll upload his performance too. haha. It's crazy!)

But most of all........


This guy beats all "Harajuku gals".. What is this!? haha. I love it!
That's crazy!



10. Their innovative, daring, well thought-out, and functional architectural design.


Kyoto Station. The craziest! Has a mall, a sky garden, movie theater, and hotel! What?! Now that's CRAZ-AY!


11. (ok... ok... I said top "ten" bu
t I NEED to squeeze in the 11th):
Their EFFICIENT, ORGANIZED, and Punctual Public Transportation system! It's so mind bloggering how it's on time, crowded... yet org
anized! (Organized Chaos)


JR passes. A MUST! DON'T
LEAVE U.S. WITHOUT ONE!
TOOK US EVERYWHERE!!

No comments: