Saturday, August 30, 2008

McCain's Palin. Not a surprise.

Despite the media coverage and the crazy somewhat but also true observation of the commodification of Obama in urban pop-culture (come on, we see his face on T-Shirts in Urban Outfitters---like, it's fashionable to rock him [and i'm not hating on that, it's an effective campaign tool, yet also he's becoming an icon like Che)... Obama is not that much ahead of McCain in polls.... It's a close race... And that makes me nervous.

After attending the viewing of Obama's DNC acceptance speech at the Hyatt in SF and feeling so alive in the room (because the room was crazy loud), I must say I was moved. I want to attribute that feeling to the environment I was in and the intro. video of Obama's life, but I also want to give him credit in his gift in public speaking (but Michelle Obama is friggin' amazing! She beats her husband in public speaking by far in my opinion!) After that night, I did feel excited and hopeful....

and then.....


BAM! McCain officially announces his Vice Presidential running mate, Sarah Palin. Good one, McCain. Good one. Is this his stunt in trying to win over the die-hard Hillary Clinton fans? I understand this isn't the first time a woman has been a VP running mate... But given the context of the 2008 election, this is totally different from the 1980s. And on the superficial tip, it doesn't hurt that she's an attractive woman. YES, I SAID IT!

No comments: