Saturday, August 2, 2008

Addicted....

to RUNNING/JOGGING!

so... i just realized that i think i'm addicted to running. all i do is think about running/jogging. i get worried when i make plans with folks and wonder: where can i fit my run? lol.

Last week my twin and i decided to run a different route. To our surprise we ended up running around 6.5 miles or so.... We just kept on running!......and RUNNING! (I know for some crazy runners, 6.5 mi is "nothing", but... that's a big improvement for us!)

what's going on here?

twin and i just finished the 5K in PTown. It was a really good experience for the following reasons:

1. I got to see familiar faces---folks from UCLA that graduated before i did.......and a few after....
2. I got to run on the streets that I walked for the JFAV Parade since I was an undergrad at UCLA.
3. I got to hear the community cheering all of us on----folks standing outside their storefronts and homes....smiling and clapping for us...
4. I got to see a little kid (prob. around 5 or 6 years old) cheer his other 5-6year old friend on as he ran ahead of us.....
5. It's cool to see filipinos of all ages come out and walk/run. Filipinos that appear to have come from all over..
6. I met a stalker. wtf? (it's hard to "run away" from a stalker when you are in a run. lol) WHICH, makes me think.... is this the best way to stalk someone? Since... the person could only run faster (which is challenging...or slow down, which could also be challenging...there is no way of avoiding someone there!)

AND....FINALLY.......

7. I got to see Al, Mr. PCORE himself. lol. That always brings a smile to my face or a chuckle in my life!


Shameless Ad:
The weekly gals and I want to make running a part of our lives. If you want to join us, please let me know! We are adding it permanently into our schedules.... Plus, you can save on a gym membership!

1 comment:

scariaga said...

wow, good job chris, i'm inspired!!!

i'm proud of myself for just running about 3 miles, but go wit yo bad self and 6 miles!!!

keep it up, and when we kickin it again???