Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to the grind.

Summer has officially ended.

And I must say that Summer 2008 has been one of the most fulfilling summers I’ve had in such a long time. I think one of the main reasons why it has been the most fulfilling is because I came into this summer worried that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself! I mean, I wasn’t about to teach summer school, and I tried to take classes at a JC for pottery and Spanish, but the summer session overlapped with my high school’s schedule and my Japan trip, so I didn’t sign up for any classes. Folks still had their 8-5 shifts.. so I was a bit nervous initially…..

Luckily, this summer ended up being a summer of spontaneity. I loved how each day was unexpected, and I loved how I was able to spend it with people I care about and I met some really cool folks along the way. I also thought that I’d be in this drought of music, but this summer was also a summer of music madness sharing (well, folks hooked me up with music from all kinds of genres…….and I didn’t have anything they wouldn’t have-lol). Nonetheless, folks were happy to share their music because music is meant to be shared and listened to anyway!


Highlights of the summer:

1. Japan Trip
2. Bay Area trip (last week of August)
A) time with Liza & DJ Undfine
B) Sat in on Ate Allyson Tintiangco Cubales’ Fil-Am Literature class
C) Ran into an old high school friend whom I haven’t seen since he graduated in 1998 at Poleng
D) Enjoyed the sun at “Doin It at the Park” in Golden Gate Park while drinkin’ REAL Sangria
E) Ran through Golden Gate and had my ass kicked by the homie, Matt.
F) Spent time with my close homegirls
3. Random LA shows---especially the one on top of a rooftop in downtown LA
4. GLOW in Santa Monica with my girls(I dig the concept of chillin’ on the beach while listening to music)
5. Riding my bike around by myself.
6. Red Mango---the best yogurt!
7. Running the Ptown 5k/running in general.
8. Attending Ant’s bachelorette party
9. Attending my cousin’s cousin wedding and reconnecting with my cousins and cool Canadians (esp. my bfff) from my last trip there in ’98 (?)
10. Picking up a cool guest-roommate.
11. Celebrating summer bdays
12. Attending the live taping of ABDC—Janet Jackson challenge
13. Caring the soul….introspective space and time….reflecting constantly…. And finally felt a new sense of liberation.


So in light of all this reflection and introspective summer, I must say that I am blessed, and I am truly grateful to be surrounded by genuinely good people.

No comments: