Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Life is a gamble."

.....as the saying goes...

had a conversation with my dad regarding life insurance (yes, good ol' pops having an adult convo. with his 25-yr old daughter-lol). As he was breaking down the different types of life insurance (termed, real, whole), I could not help but conjure up slot machine/vegas-table images in my mind. After a good session with my dad, I realized that Life Insurance is like gambling--you're placing some type of bid on your future based upon probability and predictability, hoping (in an odd way in this context) to get the best outcome.

btw--Sunday was Grandparents' Day! Hope you all honored your grandparents! (How do I know this random info?) MY MOM TEXT ME! haha. she's funny. she even busted out the calendar to show me. Sure enough, it said, "Grandparents Day" for September 7, 2008.

Good night.

No comments: