Saturday, September 13, 2008

Love so simple and wholesome.
















Simplicity is often taken for granted and overlooked. But today I just witnessed and experienced one of the most beautiful and heartfelt weddings... And the best part of it all was: simplicity.

Every aspect of the wedding ceremony was just so peaceful and centered. To be able to smell the scent of the trees that served as the natural backdrop of the brides, to be able to hear the chirping of the birds that flew in the afternoon sky, to be able to see a squirrel crawl through the tree branches as the brides exchanged vows, to be able to listen to the soothing voice of the woman who married Dahlia and Ant, I could not help but be moved. With such an intimate amount of people, I definitely felt the love vibrations transcend from the couple and through us...

I loved how everything about the wedding was so unconventional but a true, honest, and raw reflection of the love Ant and Dahlia share for each other--from the songs selected for the aisle walk... even for Ant herself! It was not the traditional song brides use when they walk the aisle.... Each song was just pure old school soul songs. It was dope!! I enjoyed the poets that came in to share their piece. I enjoyed the transference of love by lighting each attendees' candle while Caldwell's "The Light" played in the background.

I loved how the reception was at the same location...and it felt like a community center... Which is central to livelihood... and central to the brides. But it was decorated so elegantly.. and again, so simple.

Lastly, everyone present had such a good energy. This was defn. a wedding to remember.

So here are some interesting facts about this wedding:

1. I sat right next to Karen Marley. My dumb ass didn't realize it and I introduced myself to her and and asked for her name. No wonder she chuckled a little bit when she said her first name. I still didn't get it. But now that I look back after learning who she was, I could see why she chuckled. I laugh at myself as I type this. But she is beautiful. I think her partner was the DJ of the party... another beautiful woman!

2. Bobby Brown attended the wedding as well. I stood right behind him at the cocktail line. I didn't want to act like a crazy fan. So I played it off like I did with Karen (but only this time I really did recognize Bobby Brown). Bobby (we are on a first name basis now since we did attend the same wedding and all... lol), is dating a woman who happens to be friends with Dahlia.

3. One of the founding moms of Kappa was at the wedding and made a dope slideshow. She works with Ant and Dahlia.

4. I'm really starting to dig soul/funk house music more and more...

and... i love how they gave out plant/flower seeds as parting gifts.. and i came up on SUNFLOWERS!!! yay! can't wait to grow them.... too bad i don't have a house. fack!

No comments: