Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy 85th Birthday, INANG!


"Thanks for the balloons, CG!"--Inang


"Thanks for coming out, everyone!" --Inang


"Thanks for the flowers, Jane"--Inang



"BAM! HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW?? I'M 85!"--Inang


She was born in 1923. Think about everything that happened in the world, in this country, in this state, in this city, in this community, in this household, and in our life since 1923...She's experienced through it all!

I applaud Inang for everything she has experienced in her life so far... And I'm excited to share the upcoming years with her.

Based on observations, I think her secrets to a long life are:

A) A witty sense of humor & laughter
B) Compassion
C) Humility
D) Love
E) Generosity
F) Courage

And lastly (hope this makes sense).....

The ability to be PATIENT on cultivating the land (of all kinds, and in any type of weather), planting seeds, and watering the earth to bear fruit to feed the family for generations... (I mean this in every literal and figurative sense)....

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love Inang! & Inang loves me. Dont forget that. ;)

Chris Guitarte said...

Yay Inang. Those balloons rocked the house.